Dr. Anthony Barcel
Lower Leg / Foot & Ankle
Dr. Barcel is an orthopaedic surgeon, fellowship trained in disorders of the lower extremity, applying both operative and non-operative techniques in the treatment of conditions of the lower and upper extremities to reduce pain and restore function.
Dr. Barcel Specializes In:
- Bunion correction including minimally invasive surgery and 3D correctional Lapidus surgery such as Lapifuse™ and Lapiplasty®
- Total ankle replacement surgery
- Total knee replacement surgery
- Sports injuries including cartilage preservation and ligament/tendon reconstruction
- Foot deformity correction including hammertoes, flatfeet and high arches
- Treatment of diabetic conditions of the foot and ankle including Charcot arthropathy and limb salvage
- Conditions of the upper extremities including carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome and trigger finger
- General orthopaedic trauma including fractures of the lower extremities and upper extremities
Dr. Barcel completed his medical degree at the Quillen College of Medicine in Johnson City, TN. He continued his training as a resident in orthopaedic surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC. He subsequently completed a foot and ankle fellowship at OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, NC. He is looking forward to serving the residents of the upstate community and surrounding areas.